The Beyeler Museum AG (hereinafter referred to as Fondation Beyeler) operates a museum with an integrated museum store and a restaurant. The protection of your personal data is a priority of the Fondation Beyeler. The Fondation Beyeler uses personal data only in accordance with the applicable Swiss and European data protection legislation. In the following, we would like to inform you about the nature, purposes and scope of the collection and use of personal data in the following activities:
- the visit of our website;
- the use of our webshop and newsletters;
- the use of services or offers;
- the conclusion of memberships;
- visiting our premises;
- contacting Beyeler Museum AG;
- the receipt of information and marketing communications;
- participating in contests and sweepstakes;
- interacting on social media;
- participating to events;
- interacting as our suppliers, customers and other business partners, and as organizations and government entities;
- applying for jobs.
Which Personal Data Do We Process?
“Personal data” constitute information that can be associated with a specific person. We process various categories of such personal data. The key categories are set out below for your orientation. However, we may also process other personal data in individual cases:
- Master data comprises the fundamental data about you, such as your salutation, name, contact details, or date of birth;
- Contract data is personal data that arises in connection with the conclusion or execution of the contract, e.g. information on the conclusion of the contract, claims and receivables acquired or information on customer satisfaction;
- Communication data such as as postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number; Inhalt content of e-mails, written correspondence, chat messages, social media posts, comments on a website, telephone conversations, video conferences etc. If you contact us or we contact you, for example when you contact a customer service, or when you write to us, or call us, we process the exchanged communication contents and information about the type, time, and place of communication;
- Technical Data such as your IP address or device ID, when you make use of our websites, apps, Wi-Fi networks, or other electronic services, we collect certain technical data.
- Image and Sound Recordings include recordings from video surveillance systems, photos, videos, and sound recordings of customer and public events (e.g. advertising, sponsorship and cultural events). We regularly produce photos, videos, and sound recordings in which you might be featured, for example if you attend an event and we got your consent.
You often disclose personal data to us yourself, for instance when sending us data or communicating with us. In particular, you usually provide us with master data, contract data and communication data yourself. We may also collect personal data about you ourselves or by automated means, e.g. when you use our webshop, use our offers or make use of our services.
For what Purposes Do We Process Personal Data?
- Communication: We wish to remain in contact with you and address your individual requirements. We therefore process personal data for the communication with you, in order to answer inquiries and for customer care, for instance. In particular, we make use of communication and master data for this, as well as contract data if the communication concerns a contract.
- Contract Execution: We wish to offer you the best possible service. We therefore process personal data in connection with the initiation, administration, and processing of contractual relationships, for instance to dispatch an order, provide a service, deliver goods or services when visiting our museum or restaurant, build up our communities, or host a prize draw. For this purpose, we make use of master data, contract data and communication data.
- Information and Marketing: We wish to present you with attractive offers. We therefore process personal data for relationship management and marketing purposes, for example in order to send you written and electronic messages and offers and carry out marketing campaigns.
- Market Research and Product Development: We aim to improve our offers continuously and make them more attractive for you. We therefore process personal data for market research and product development purpose. To do so, we particularly process master and communication data and information from customer surveys, other surveys and studies, and further information, for example from the media, the Internet, and other public sources.
- Security: We wish to guarantee your and our security and prevent misuse. e therefore also process personal data for security purposes, to guarantee IT security, to prevent theft, fraud, and misuse, and for evidentiary purposes.
- Compliance With Statutory Requirements: We wish to lay the foundations for compliance with statutory requirements. We therefore also process personal data in order to comply with legal obligations and to prevent and detect infringements. Examples of this include receiving and processing complaints and other messages, complying with court and administrative orders as well as measures for detecting and investigating misuse.
- Preservation of Rights: We wish to be able to enforce our claims and to defend ourselves against the claims of others. We therefore also process personal data for the protection of rights, for instance in order to enforce claims judicially, before or out of court, and before authorities in Switzerland and abroad, or to defend ourselves against claims. Depending on the situation, we process different categories of personal data, such as contact data and details of events that have led to or could lead to a dispute.
The provider responsible for this website in terms of data protection law is
Beyeler Museum AG
Legal Basis for Processing
Fondation Beyeler only processes data within a valid legal framework. As such serve:
- Your consent
- The fulfillment of a contract
- Statutory obligations
- The safeguarding of Fondation Beyeler's own or third party's legitimate interests
You have the right to request information at any time as to whether and which personal data has been stored about you by Fondation Beyeler. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your data, to correct false data and to limit the processing of or to delete your personal data. You can also exercise your right to data portability. Should you believe that your data has been processed unlawfully, you can submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority.
If you would like to submit an objection, or if you wish to have your personal data corrected, blocked, deleted or to be given information on the data stored about you, or if you have any questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal data, or if you wish to revoke your consent, please send your request to the e-mail address above.
Data Collection When Visiting Our Website
When you visit our website, you transmit data to our web server via your internet browser for technical reasons. During an ongoing session, the following data is recorded for the communication between your internet browser and our web server:
- Date and time of the request
- Name of the requested file
- Page from which the file was requested
- Access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- Web browser and operating system used
- Complete IP address of the requesting compute
- Transferred data volume
Data is stored for security reasons, e.g. to investigate cases of misuse. This data does not enable us to determine the identity of individual persons. The data will only be checked if there are specific indications of illegal use.
How To Contact Us Via The Website Or Other Channels
If you contact Fondation Beyeler via our website or other channels, the personal data you provide will be stored automatically. Such data that is transmitted on a voluntary basis will be stored for processing purposes or for contacting you. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
By using our site, you consent to the use of so-called cookies and thus to the collection, storage and use of your usage data. Furthermore, your data will be stored in cookies beyond the end of the browser session and can, for example, be accessed again during your next visits to the website. You can revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future by refusing to accept cookies in your browser settings.
You can deactivate cookies completely or partially at any time in the settings of your browser. If cookies are deactivated, certain website functions may no longer be available to you.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your data carrier and which record certain settings and data for the exchange with our system via your browser. Basically, there are two different types of cookies: so-called session cookies, which are deleted as soon as you close your browser, and temporary/permanent cookies, which are stored on your data carrier for a longer period of time or indefinitely. This storage helps us tailor our web pages and our offers to suit your needs and facilitates usability for you by, for example, storing certain information so that you are not required to re-enter it each time.
Which Cookies Does Fondation Beyeler uses?
Which Data is Stored In The Cookies?
The cookies used by Fondation Beyeler only store pseudonymous data. When the cookie is activated, it receives an identification number which is not assigned to your personal data. The cookie does not store your name, IP address or similar data that would enable the cookie to be assigned to you. Based on the cookie technology, we only receive pseudonymized information, such as which of our website pages have been visited, which services, articles or cases have been viewed, etc.
What is Onsite-Targeting?
On the Fondation Beyeler website, data is collected using cookie technology to optimize our advertising and the entire online offer. This data is not used to identify you personally, but is used solely for a pseudonymous evaluation of the use of the homepage. We will never merge this data with your personal data stored by us. This technology enables us to present you with advertising and/or special offers and services with content based on information obtained in connection with the clickstream analysis (e.g. advertising aimed exclusively at content on topics such as digital marketing or media relations that have been accessed in the past few days). Our aim is to make our online offer as appealing as possible for you and to present you with advertising that meets your interests.
Are There Any Third Party Cookies?
ondation Beyeler uses several advertising partners that help us make our online offer and our website more interesting for you. Therefore, when you visit their websites, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive. These are temporary/permanent cookies that are automatically deleted after the specified time. These temporary or permanent cookies (lifespan of 1 month to 10 years) are stored on your hard drive and delete themselves after the specified time. Our partner companies' cookies also only contain pseudonyms, usually even anonymous data. This data includes, for example, information about which products you have viewed, whether something has been purchased, which products have been searched for, etc. Some of our advertising partners also collect information about which websites you previously visited or, for example, which products you were interested in, so that the adverts that best match your interests can be displayed. This pseudonymous data is never merged with your personal data. Their sole purpose is to enable our advertising partners to address you with advertising that may actually be of interest to you.
Our websites use so-called re-targeting technologies. We use these technologies to make the website more appealing to you. This technique makes it possible to address internet users who were already interested in our website and the offers presented there with advertising on our partners' websites. We are convinced that the placement of personalized, interest-related advertisements is generally more appealing to internet users than advertisements that have no personal relevance. The placement of these advertisements on our partners' websites is based on cookie technology and an analysis of previous usage patterns. This form of advertising is completely pseudonymous. No user profiles are merged with your personal data. By using our site, you consent to the use of so-called cookies and to the collection, storage and use of your usage data. Furthermore, your data is stored in cookies that exceed the end of the browser session and can, for example, be retrieved on your next visit to the website. You can revoke this consent at any time with future effect by refusing to accept cookies in your browser settings.
How Can You Prevent The Storage Of Cookies?
You can set your browser to only accept storing cookies if you agree. If you only wish to accept the Fondation Beyeler cookies but not the cookies of our service providers and partners, you can select the setting "block third-party cookies" in your browser. As a rule, the help function in the menu bar of your web browser will show you how to reject new cookies and deactivate cookies that have already been stored. We recommend that you always log out completely after using shared computers that are set to accept cookies and flash cookies.
Usage Analysis By Google Analytics
Based on your activities on our website, we use Facebook Pixel to re-target ads tailored to your interests on Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Audience Network.
Google Remarketing Tag
Based on your activities on our website, we use the Google Remarketing Tag to re-target ads tailored to your interests on Google AdWords, Google Display Network and YouTube.
Based on your activities on our website, we use Twitter pixels to display ads on Twitter that are tailored to your interests via re-targeting.
Our website uses social plugins ("plugins") from various social networks. With the help of these plugins you can, for example, share content or recommend products. By default, the plugins on fondationbeyeler.ch are activated. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from the social network to your browser, which integrates it into the website. By integrating the plugins, the social network receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged in to the social network, it can assign the visit to your account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on the Facebook "like" button or by making a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted directly from your browser to the social network and stored there. The purpose and scope of this data collection and the further processing and use of the data by social networks as well as your rights in this regard and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the respective networks or websites. Even if you are not registered with the social networks, websites with active social plugins can send data to the networks. An active plugin sets a cookie with an identifier each time you access the website. Since your browser sends this cookie automatically each time you connect to a network server, the network could in principle create a profile of which web pages the respective user accessed. It would then also be possible to use this identifier later on - for example when subsequently logging on to the social network. On our websites we use the following plugins: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If you don't want social networks to collect information about you through active plug-ins, you can select the "block third-party cookies" feature in your browser settings. Then, the browser will not send cookies to the server for embedded third-party content. With this setting, however, other functions than plug-ins may no longer work.
Usage Of Yor Data For Advertising Purposes
In addition to using your data for sending the newsletter, we also use your data to display personalized advertising.
Individual Advertising For You
The information we receive from you helps us to permanently improve your service experience and to make it customer-friendly and personal. The information you submit and automatically generate is used to create advertisements that are tailored to you and your interests. We use existing information for this purpose, such as confirmations of receipt and opening of e-mails, information about computers and connections to the internet, operating system and platform, your service history, date and time of your visit to the homepage, articles, topics and content that you have viewed. We use this information exclusively in pseudonymized form. Through the analysis and evaluation of this information, we are able to improve our web pages and our online offer, and to send you individual advertising. This means advertising that recommends services that might actually be of interest to you. Our aim is to make our advertising more useful and appealing to you. Therefore, the evaluation and analysis of the pseudonymized data collected from you helps us to ensure that we do not send you random advertisements. Instead, we send you advertisements, such as newsletters, service recommendations, by e-mail or letter advertising, which correspond to your areas of interest. For example, we also compare which of our advertising e-mails you open in order to avoid unnecessary emails being sent to you.
Use Of The Newsletter
To subscribe to one of our e-mail newsletters, you must provide us with your data protection consent and at least the e-mail address to which the newsletter is to be sent. Disclosing your name is voluntary.
For dispatching the newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. you will only be bindingly registered for distribution of the newsletter if you have previously confirmed your registration via a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose via the link contained therein.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the end of the newsletter.
Use Of The Online-Shop
In order to process orders, the Fondation Beyeler Art Shop requires your name, your e-mail address, your address and, if necessary, a different delivery address. The information necessary for the order is used exclusively for the purchase. Payment transactions are processed using Saferpay security technology. Your credit card data is transmitted directly to Saferpay and is not stored by Fondation Beyeler..
Secure Data Transmission
As transfer encryption we offer HTTPS with Perfect Forward Secrecy and the current TLS 1.2 encryption protocol for our website. We recommend that you keep your internet browser up to date so that your data can be transmitted securely.
Routine Deletion And Blocking Of Personal Data
Fondation Beyeler processes and stores personal data of affected persons only for the period of time necessary to achieve the storage purpose, or if this was provided for by legal requirements that the responsible persons are subject to.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated over time, especially if we change our data processing activities or if new legal provisions become applicable. We will actively inform individuals whose contact details are registered with us of any material changes, provided that we can do this without disproportionate effort. In general, the version of the Privacy Notice in effect at the time at which the data processing activity in question commences is applicable.