Preparing for the museum visit
At the start of every new exhibition, the Fondation Beyeler offers an introductory lecture intended for teachers. On this website you will find a checklist to help you plan your museum visit and additional information to prepare the subject matter.
Introduction for teachers
Checklist for the museum visit
Registration via online form:
- At least two weeks prior to visit date
- Response from the Fondation Beyeler within one business week
- Registration is valid only with written confirmation.
- Unregistered visits are generally not allowed to enter the museum. Should a date be free, a charge of CHF 50 in addition to the museum admission fee applies.
Planning the visit:
- The Fondation Beyeler helps you with the preparation of the subject matter by holding an introductory lecture for every exhibition (see above) and by providing informational material (see below). In addition, your admission to the museum is free if you have booked a class visit. Please bring the confirmation letter with you.
- Please read the visitor policy for school groups in advance and discuss them in class.
On the day of the visit:
- Please present the confirmation letter to staff at the ticket counter.
- Max. 25 people per group (including escorts). Large groups will be split: only two groups are allowed in the museum at the same time.
Further material for preparation
Being well prepared will facilitate the museum tour with your class or group of students. Here are a few tips for introductory reading on the Beyeler collection. We offer audio guides for certain exhibitions. This brings the exhibition to life in a simple, understandable way. You can also consult our publications page.
- Informational leaflets on the exhibition in the rooms
- ANSICHTEN publications series: for teachers seeking a deeper understanding of the works at the Fondation Beyeler
- “Masterpieces in the spotlight: a museum guide for old and young”
- The Fondation Beyeler. DU Special Issue. No. 805, April 2010
- Audio guides
General information for visits of groups of schoolchildren or students
Monday to Friday, 9:00–12:00 a.m. / 2:00–5:00 p.m.
Tel. +41 61 645 97 20, fax +41 61 645 97 19,